Do you publish in-depth quality content on your WordPress website but not rank well in Google?
Do your potentials find it difficult to reach your brand?
If yes, it’s high time to boost your WordPress website optimization to rank it higher in Google.
But you must think about whether WordPress itself is not an SEO-friendly CMS?
The answer is a big YES!
However, WordPress core software is fully SEO-friendly; specific WordPress SEO plugins will make it smooth to accelerate website rankings fast.
Sounds interesting, right?
wordpress.org offers plenty of SEO plugins to well-optimize your WordPress website/blog.
Every plugin has its own unique features that stand it out from others.
But it’s not recommended to use too many WordPress plugins on your website.
So, now it’s your time to choose the one that best fits your requirements.
But we know if you are reading this article, you must confuse which one will be the best pick for you.
That’s why team 8therate (a leading custom wordpress development services provider) has tried and tested 20+ WordPress SEO plugins and chosen the top 5 plugins that let you get results far better than others.
So, Without any delay, let’s get started….
Top 5 WordPress Plugins You Should Use in 2022
- Type: Freemium
- Latest version: 17.8
- Active installations: Above 5 Million
If your budget is tight and you can’t afford the premium SEO plugin, Yoast is the best pick for you!
Its free version covers almost everything you need to optimize your WordPress website.
If you require additional functionalities, you can also opt for its premium version that unlocks every next-level feature to make your WordPress website rank fast in Google and other search engines.
While testing, one of the best parts we found in this plugin is its excellent SEO-friendly suggestions for your web page or articles.
This beautiful feature indeed makes your content powerful and eye-catchy and lets you remove all the complexity that hinders your website SEO ranking.
Yoast basically focuses on two criteria, i.e., Focus keyphrase and readability, to make your website content SEO & user-friendly.
Until you meet all the criteria to design your content focused keyword-oriented and improve content readability, it will showcase that suggestion in red.
Once you fulfill the particular instruction given by this plugin regarding improving your content, it will convert it to green color. That’s really cool! Isn’t it?
Moreover, one can easily add and edit metadata and OG data from the Yoast control panel.
It also gives a SERP snippet preview showcasing how the meta title and description will be shown by Google whenever your page appears in SERP.
Thus, you don’t need to use third-party tools to examine whether the length of meta title and description you write is according to Google’s requirement or not.
Now, let’s check out the killer features of Yoast that won the heart of bloggers and wordpress design and development services providers.
not let you ignore this plugin for your WordPress website optimization.
- Complete analysis of SEO friendly content
- Suggestions for better content readability
- Multi-lingual support
- SERP snippet preview
- Schema blocks
- Internal linking blocks
- Social media previews
- Internal linking suggestions
- Automate URL redirection
- Content optimization for multiple keywords
- Connect Yoast with Zapier
- Local SEO
- Video SEO
- News SEO
- WooCommerce SEO
- Type: Freemium
- Latest version: 1.0.78
- Active installations: Above 1 Million
Unlike Yoast, Rank Math is one of the best freemium WordPress SEO plugins that uses AI (Artificial Intelligence).
This plugin comes up with intelligent automated features that take care of most of the SEO aspects required to consider for making your website well-optimized.
According to our experience, while testing, we felt that it gives us the power of an SEO team in just a few clicks.
We must say that RankMath can be a game-changing plugin to boost your website rank like never before.
Why Rank Math?
- Google schema markup Integration
- Unlimited keywords targeting opportunity
- Google search console & analytics integration
- LSI keyword tool integration
- Intelligent redirection manager
- Easy local SEO optimization
- In-depth content analysis
- Automatic suggestions for internal linking
- Lightweight backend code
- AI rich first ever SEO plugin
- Dynamic suggestions to improve your content
- Outstanding recommendations to rank your website fast
- Possible to target multiple keywords
- Usage of schema markup
- The outstanding feature of role manager
- Type: Free
- Latest version: 1.47.0
- Active installations: Above 1 Million
Sit Kit is an official and free WordPress SEO plugin developed by Google that lets you examine the insights and metrics of various Google products to your WordPress dashboard in just a few clicks. This plugin lets you integrate the below-mentioned Google tools with your WordPress website:
- Google search console
- Google analytics
- Google AdSense
- Google pagespeed insights
- Google tag manager
- Google optimize
Why Site Kit?
- Helps to reduce the total no. of plugins on your WordPress website
- Allows you to streamline your workflow
- Time-savvy solution
- Lets you check out all the insights under a single roof, i.e., WordPress dashboard
- Easy to track and analyze your website performance
- Quickly get to know if website performance is going down
SEOPress has gained a lot of popularity in recent years.
It is one of the simplest, fastest, and powerful WordPress SEO plugins available in 21 languages.
It is a kind of all-in-one plugin that allows you to optimize your site smoothly in no time.
The best part we found here is that it lets you migrate your meta-data and posts from other SEO plugins that you are using currently.
Whether you are running a simple blog or a vast e-commerce website, SEOPress works well at all levels!
- Access to unlimited websites
- Affordable and cheaper compared to other SEO plugins
- Excellent customer support
- Target unlimited keywords for page/article
- Best for eCommerce websites
- Type: Free
- Latest version: 2.1.4
- Active installations: Above 80,000
Table of content lets your content be more user-friendly, and that’s what Google wants!
Due to such a wonderful element on your page, users can directly go to that section of your page where they actually want to go.
Apart from that, it is one of the essentials to get your web page or article ranked at the 0th position (featured snippet) in Google.
LuckyWP Table of Contents is one of our favorite WordPress plugins that generate an SEO-friendly table of contents for your posts and pages and also make them user-friendly.
- Auto insertion of the table of contents
- Rank your webpage at 0th position fast
- Shortcode and widget both are available
- Minimal settings
- Various color schemes
- Fully customizable
- Toggle button to show or hide
- Smooth scrolling
- Make the exclusive table as noindex
- Highly compatible
That’s all, folks! So far, we have seen the best 5 WordPress SEO plugins that can well-optimize your website or blog in 2022.
You might have used any or all of the above-mentioned WordPress plugins. If so, don’t forget to share your experience with us in the comment section.
And, also let us know if you are using any other SEO plugins that work well to rank your WordPress website.
If you find this article useful, don’t forget to share it with others!